Financial literacy includes the knowledge, understanding, skills, behaviors, attitudes and values that will enable a student to make responsible and effective financial decisions on a daily basis. Financial literacy instruction shall be an integral part of instruction throughout the entire economics course and include information regarding earning income:
- Buying goods and services;
- Saving and financial investing;
- Taxes; the use of credit and credit cards;
- Budgeting and debt management, including student loans and secured loans;
- Banking and financial services;
- Planning for one’s financial future, including higher education and career planning;
- Credit reports and scores; and fraud and identity theft prevention.